Monday, June 22, 2015

Miniatures

I'm two thirds of the way through the month of sharing quilts from Fiber Arts Fiesta and I realize that I haven't yet shown any of the traditional miniatures.

This is the first place winner in the Miniature category, New York Beauty by Jan Lehman-Shaw.

New Mexico Beauty by Jan Lehman-Shaw

The colors of these hand-dyed fabric say New Mexico to me and I love the hand-quilting on this tiny wonder.

The second place winner was a tiny sampler, Maureen, Carol and Cynthia's Quilting Journey by Cynthia Figueroa-McInteer.

Maureen, Carol and Cynthia's Quilting Journey by Cynthia Figueroa-McInteer


Third place was won by a hand-quilted, whole cloth doll quilt, Winter Roses by Norma Koelm.

Winter Roses by Norma Koelm


I especially liked the play of color and line in  the Judge's Choice winner, Star Brite by Linda Erickson.  I think this would be a fun design to supersize for a bed quilt. 


Star Brite by Linda Erickson

3 comments:

suemac said...

Such teeny tiny sampler blocks. Wow.

Terri said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing your pictures of the show. I've really enjoyed them. There are lots of talented folks there, and I know you are one of them. Thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

You could really play with color on that last one. I like all the miniatures. The way the first place carried the piecing into the quilting design was very appealing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...