Thursday, June 18, 2015

Improvisation - New Mexico Style

Can color and shape give you a sense of place?  I think these two quilts made by Megan Sturges are proof that it can.

This is Icon of Blessings.

Icon of Blessings by Megan Sturges

And this is Do You or I or Anyone Know?

Do You or I or Anyone Know ... by Megan Sturges

Both quilts were in the category of Medium-sized Pictorial quilts at Fiber Arts Fiesta, that took place in Albuquerque last month. I love the use of free-form piecing to create pictorial forms.

4 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I love the free piecing in these two. She has even stranger nammes than I do! LOL

Sewing Up A Storm said...

These two are really wonderful. I just want to say I am enjoying your daily quilts from the show.

Mystic Quilter said...

I have fallen in love with these two quilts!! The free-form piecing is splendid.

Anonymous said...

Those are interesting. Thanks for sharing them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...