Thursday, January 02, 2014

January Goal for a Lovely Finish

I'm very happy that Melissa and Shanna have decided to continue A Lovely Year of Finishes for another year.  I love this challenge because:
A Lovely Year of Finishes
  • I only have to commit to one goal at a time., not a laundry list of projects–it's a personal challenge and not a competition.
  • I choose my own goal.
  • Projects can be new, on-going or a golden oldie UFO–I still have too many of those.
  • Even when I fail to meet the monthly goal, I make progress.

My goal for January is to complete the hand-pieced blocks and figure out what to do with them, design wise, to finish a top from these 2010 Quilt-along blocks.



I made some progress hand-piecing the rest of the blocks last year, but stalled when I realized I was missing one of the block patterns. I tried and failed to contact the organizer, then decided I could draft my own pattern. Sometimes I am such a scaredy cat and that fear can be paralyzing.

This month, I'll "feel the fear and do it anyway." Wish me luck.

I'm adding this post to the Goal Setting party.

8 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I have no doubt you could draft your own pattern!

I really love this one. finish it and send it to me!

glen

Terri said...

Your blocks are amazing...It's going to be a gorgeous quilt.
I've been wanting to make one like it... so many quilts on the bucket list!
Hugs

HeatherK @ A Reformed Heath'n said...

You've got this! Look at all the ones you've done so far and work from there. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

roccagal said...

Are you kidding!
Have you been paying attention to your past accomplishments?
YOU ARE A MASTER!
YOU CAN DO IT!
GO GIRL!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, but I know you can do it. You are talented and creative and if it doesn't look exactly like the original ... so what? I love the way you have them laid out in that picture.

Angie in SoCal said...

Oh I like those blocks just the way they are! I'm sure you can draft that pattern. You've proven that over and over on Block Lotto.

Emma said...

Wow. Your blocks are amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing how you decide to set them.

Pam said...

Beautiful! amazing that you have hand pieced those blocks. I know you can get them done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...