Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Playing with Paper Dolls

"Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time."  

~Laura Ingalls Wilder

I love this quote and it might explain why, instead of rushing around doing some last minute errands, this morning, I was making this:


A few blog-less quilters had asked about a group blog for the Tea Towel Challenge.  It didn't seem to make sense to me because the challenge is relatively small and short term.

But then I thought about setting up a blog for my blog-less friends that occasionally have a reason to blog and the image of a string of paper dolls is what came to mind.



If the lack of your own blog has been holding you back from joining the Tea Towel Challenge, let me know ... and I'll hook you up.

7 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Merry Christmas!

Terri said...

I'm really can't add another thing to my plate, Sophie, but I'd like to be a follower of your blogless friends.
Hugs

Hilda said...

Hey Sophie, I saw you won the giveaway on Bumble Beans! Congrats! I've won a couple of times on Victoria's blog! Merry Christmas. Love the paper dolls!

Anonymous said...

Yes, where is this blog? I'd love to see what everyone else is doing. I actually am on a group blog of stitchers and, though it started with one purpose, it has become a place where we hold each other accountable for whatever we are doing, not just CQ, though I continue to use it for my CQJP project accountability. You know the blog whereof I speak. =)

So I think it's a great idea to have one for your blogless friends, but I see no reason not to have it for the whole group of tea towel challengers. Even if it were only used occasionally after the tea towel challenge, it would still be a good record for all of us of our progress. I have a feeling more than one of us is going to do extra tea towel projects, too!

Pat K said...

Thank you Sophie for setting this up for the blog less few. I usually can get my way around the Internet and computer programs but blogging out my thoughts etc. intimidates me. Yikes! How do I get a photo of my tea towel on here?

Mego said...

What a great idea! I followed Victoria's challenge and got as far as picking the tea towel and pulling fabrics but...life intervened. Yahoo! I have a second chance!

Linda Big D said...

I would like to join the tea towel challenge. I think I may have installed a virus on my blog, when trying to install a gadget, so I can't seem to add a post; may have to create a new blog. In the interim, count me in. My tea towel is a square towel that has a map of Texas and all our cool cities. red, yellow & blue; think I will use it as center of a medallion, with some of the Texas wildflowers around it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...