Sunday, August 04, 2013

A New project on the Design Wall

More Crumb-piecingI guess I was on a roll ... because I couldn't resist spending some time this afternoon continuing the scrap bin clean-out.

I sorted out the black and white scraps and made more fabric. The piece on the design wall is approximately 10 by 16 inches, as is the enlarged feather drawing I plan to use for some appliqué. beginning tonight as my Sunday evening slow stitch project.

Earlier today, the curb-pieced flying geese, now sewn together, came off the design wall. It's resting while I make a border decision. I had a little brainstorm today ... I'm excited.

Flying Geese assembled

(I know it doesn't look so different, but it now has sashing between the strips of geese :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the sashing between the flying geese. Lovely colors! Beatiful top. I look forward to see more!

Quilter Kathy said...

You are always doing something interesting there Sophie! Hope you are enjoying your hand stitching...
thanks for linking up!

libbyquilter said...

hhhmmmmmmmmmmm . . . the black and white piece and the feather . . . i'm intrigued~!

the flying geese quilt is very pretty. isn't it exciting when we get a great idea?

:-)
libbyQ

Melissa said...

I LOVE your geese. I've been building up the courage to make fabric from my small scraps and this might just be the inspiration I needed.

Thanks for sharing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...