Saturday, May 11, 2013

Picnic Quilt Update

Still QuiltingLot of quilting done ... still lots of quilting to go.

I'm pushing on and fighting my new found hexie fever. The new rule around here is no hexies before dark :-)

I'm glad I got an early start on this month's lovely project, because at times the number of safety pins in the yet unquilted squares seems infinite ... I'm motivated to finish because I really am looking forward to seeing the alternating minimally quilted and very quilted squares in this quilt after it's been washed and dried.

Do you choose quilting designs based on how they look in 2-dimensions or in their inevitable 3-D crinkled and cozy state?

4 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

your picnic quilt is very pretty Sophie

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wow! Gorgeous work. I've sewn absolutely nothing i'm still playing on my kindle fire...grin.

Anonymous said...

You know you're addicted to hexies when you plan to arrive 20 minutes early at an appointment so you have time to sew...

Anonymous said...

And the back! Don't forget how gorgeous the back will look. I choose a quilting design based on how it will look on the block designs, and then how it puffs up always looks great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...