Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lunch with Jane

A couple of weeks ago I won a copy of Jane Sassaman's new book, Patchwork Sassaman Style.

Book Cover

Today, during lunch, I walked to the PO and picked up my mail, including this fabulous book.  Then I walked over to a nearby restaurant for lunch with Jane('s book.) 

Both lunch and the book could be described as VERY TASTY ... and that glass of Pinot Grigio was quite tasty, too :-)

Jane inspires and gives the reader a lot of insight into her design process.  She educates with great "recipes" for 20 quilts with clear instructions.  I also love that she references the traditional blocks that inform the design and layout of her quilts ... I am not a fan of designers who rename well known traditional blocks in their patterns. And she further illuminates her designs by presenting (and explaining) variations on her recipes--one of them features the same Potato Vine fabric as my Prairie Gothic wing chairs.

Thank you, Dragon Threads, for sponsoring this giveaway.

Thank you, Anita Grossman Solomon, for hosting the give-away on your Make It Simpler blog and choosing my name.

Thank you, Jane Sassaman,  for creating another brilliant book for quilters.  I'm thrilled to add it to my resource library.

2 comments:

Barbara C said...

A nice lunch with a good book is a great treat. It's good to hear your impressions of the book, which I'll be looking for.

Anita Grossman Solomon said...

It is a terrific book. I'm so glad you are enjoying it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...