Saturday, June 23, 2012

Progress Report

An interesting thing happened when the movers came to load my belongings into the big truck. They wanted to move it to position it a bit better for loading and ... it wouldn't start--no gas.


For the 90 minutes that it took them to load the truck, I was on the phone, mostly on hold, with U-Haul making the argument that it was really bad customer service to give me a truck with enough gas to travel something less than 10 miles-especially when they claimed that the 50 gallon tank was a quarter full.



Two hours later (3 1/2 after my call to U-Haul road service, the mechanic showed up, with his wife riding along, confirmed that I was, indeed, out of gas and put 10 gallons in my tank.

The ordeal has worn me out ... Tomorrow is another day and I think I'm going to have some dinner delivered (too bad I cleaned out all the take out menus earlier today), try to get some sleep in the empty apartment and get an early start tomorrow.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

lj_cox said...

Sleep well, travel safe, and may this be the worst thing you have to deal with this weekend.

Debbie said...

I do believe you can drive a truck that big, Sophie! You are the type that can do anything you try to do. I hope everything goes smoothly.

Kate North said...

Probably better to find this out now, rather than at the moment you wanted to leave Texas and drive away. But still, what an enormous pain. Sure doesn't give one any confidence in U-Haul, does it...

Rian said...

You can do it! Here's hoping your travels are smooth today.

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Safe travels! You can do it! Just remember to have bottled water and snacks in the cab in case of unexpected stops.

Oh and a big, big thank you for that gorgeous FMQ quilting that you did on my cotton robin quilt. I love it!!!

sophie said...

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I decided to spend the night in Austin and make today as stress-free as possible. I am taking a break and trying Burger King's new pulled pork sandwich and sweet potato fries in Abilene now and hope to get to somewhere near Lubbock (the halfway point) before I stop for the night. Wherever I end up tonight, I'll worry about playing catch-up tomorrow :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...