Saturday, January 22, 2011

Friday Night ... Saturday Morning

One blockHere's one of my first blocks made from the feedsacks: It is perfectly imperfect and so quick to make.

I cut into two of the feedsacks last night in class and woke up this morning anxious to add some of the other sacks, so I could begin to see whether or not they're going to play nicely together, so I made blocks from two more.  Here's my first dozen.

The first dozen

It's unlikely the blocks will end up in anything like this straight set, but it's kind of interesting to see them side by side like this. 

Nanci sharing someone's first blocksIn a class like this, where everyone is starting with fabrics from their stash, it's always fun to see what everyone else is using.  It turns out that quite a few of us are working out of our comfort zone--across the table from me, Karen is using pretty, soft water-color-like fabrics and Mary is using some fabrics from a baby print line--including a panel that may end up on the front or as some kind of back art.

Nanci is showing off someone's blocks made from CW repros--I loved the shirting fabrics she was using.

Here are some of the other colorways from the group:

Brights with Black and White This is one of a set of brights with black & white prints, which would probably have been my usual choice ;-)

There were two or three students at each table, making blocks from dramatically different colorways.

Pink with Black/White/Pink prints CW repros and soft pastells

9 comments:

Angie @ CraftedAngles said...

AWESOME BLOCKS! Love them - great job with your FNSI

Impera Magna said...

What a fun class that looks like... I love the fabrics you're using but it's so cool to see what everyone else is using!

Rainbows in Wool said...

Golly, it looks like you were having fun. I'm wishing I had more energy at the end of the week. Those blocks are great.

Mama Spark said...

I love how these blocks are coming out!! So beautiful!

Unknown said...

Ok, I know I came in late Friday night, and was pretty off my game altogether, but your FIRST dozen by midday Saturday? We need to chat. They're stunning by the way...

Terri said...

Those blocks are wonderful with your feedsacks Sophie! Love, Love, Love them! I turned my head sideways while looking at your 12 blocks grouped together and think setting your blocks on point will be stunning!

Terri

Pat/SWquilter said...

I love the secondary pattern that forms with the blocks placed next to each other. Great job!

Gail in Vegas said...

Love these blocks! The secondary pattern is really cool since the feed sacks are somewhat similar.
It would be an awful lot of seam matching to use the blocks without frames - I don't think I would be up for it!

Debra Dixon said...

These blocks are just super!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...