Thursday, February 26, 2009

More Phun Phrom Phoenix

There will be official photos from the weekend, but before I leave the weekend behind, I wanted to share a few more personal highlights.

The best thing, of course, was meeting some of the wildly creative and generous women I have known through the quilting forum for years.

I also enjoyed the quiet soak in the hot tub and time spent by the pool on Friday afternoon.

The Pool at the Hotel

It was fun to go check out the 3 Dudes Quilt Shop across the street . . . with the added excitement of a bank robbery in the same shopping center.

Signs at the 3 Dudes Inside the 3 Dudes
Linda spending $$ at the 3 Dudes The Bank Robbery Next Door

I really enjoyed Hilda's much-touted lemon curd and scones.

Hilda's famous lemon curd and scones

I was inspired by many of the great projects I saw around me. I want some bags like these that Linda "Poo" made.

Linda's sewing kit

I want to try Cat's tip for making pieced jackets.

Cat's Seminole Pieced Jacket in progress

I want to check out the QuiltSmart foundations for making a Lone Star–Kathi bought the fabrics and finished this one while at the retreat.

Kathi's Lone Star in Progress

I want to try Hilda's setting for some crumb-pieced blocks.

Detail from Hilda's Show & Tell

I want to find this pattern that Kim tested.

Kim's Show & Tell

I'll post the link to the official Show & Tell photos when it's available. In case you are wondering, I did accomplish some quilting myself. I finished up using the last of the donated I-Spy Snowballs from the Block Lotto crowd. Hilda and Pat are going to quilt them and donate them for me. Yay! I also took two adult bed quilts and gave them to Linda "Hoo" to quilt and donate to her charity.

Here are the I-spy Snowball Quilts.

Completed Charity Quilt #1 Almost completed Charity Quilt #2

You can see all of my snaps from the weekend in my Flicker set 2009 AZ Retreat.

2 comments:

Wilma Lee said...

Wow! I had to go look at all the photos. Looks like such a good time, I love retreats!!!! But I don't fly, so they have to be within driving distance, lol.

Andee said...

WOW..looks like an awesome time. I live in Chandler and just this afternoon went and visited Three Dudes Quilting! Thought it was funny to read your blog just a few hours later..small world! I enjoyed your pictures of the retreat..WOW!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...