Sunday, August 05, 2007

Jinxed?

Kate's Birthday Block swap has been interesting . . . and frustrating.

When I made the first block, I saw red when the red fabric bled. It had to be re-made.

This weekend, I made the second block and realized (just in time) that dyslexic me had screwed up the orientation of one of the units. Rip, rip, rip and resew and it's OK now . . . I think. Here's the before and after.

Snowflake block for Deb Snowflake Block for Deb - Corrected

I made the third block today. I like the fabrics; it follows Amy's guidelines, but I hate it. It's back to the drawing board on that one.

I am feeling jinxed.

2 comments:

Mama Spark said...

What do you hate about it? I think it is very nice.

sophie said...

This is block #2 and, except for almost sending a dyslexic block, I like it fine. It was the third block that I made for the swap that I just don't love--mostly because of technical issues--and haven't shared. Yesterday, I chose a new block pattern, bought some cool new red & white prints and I'm ready to make something that I believe will please both Amy and me and will play nicely with the other blocks she's received so far.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...