Sunday, November 12, 2006

Good news, bad news

Good news. Yesterday, a friend and I drove to the Mancuso show in Schaumburg, Illinois. I enjoyed the international quilts and the special exhibits, especially Alzheimer's: Forgetting Piece by Piece, curated by Ami Simms, and the quilts from PAQA's Water Challenge.

Bad news. My friend showed up early to pick me up ... just when I was about to switch to a smaller bag and pack it. I ditched the plan to switch bags and just grabbed my camera on my way out the door. I forgot to grab the battery from the charger. We even took a break from the show to ride the trolley to the mall to pick one up at Circuit City, but no luck. So I have no photos to share.

5 comments:

Jane Ann said...

Well, boo hoo. But I'm so glad you saw the Alzheimer's exhibit. It took my breath--or, rather, my speech--away when I saw it here in Nashville.

sophie said...

The Alzheimer quilts were powerful. About half-way home, a Porsche zipped in and out of traffic and it reminded me of the quilt Georgia Bonesteel made. I mentioned it to my friend. We talked about the quilts a bit and people we have known who were afflicted by this horrible disease ... we both became very serious and very quiet. Yes, they were very powerful quilts.

Libby said...

You can see my pics from that show at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/libbyk/sets/72157594372046910/

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that. Dontcha just hate that!

Anonymous said...

I posted one of the water challenge pieces on my blog--they were wonderful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...